- 23 Million pets live in poverty in the United States without access to critical vet care.
- 0 Full-time vet clinics reside in West Louisville
- 70,000 Puppies & kittens are born each year in the USA.
- 6-8 Million pets enter animal shelters each year.
- 90% Of pets entering shelters in the USA are ‘unfixed’
- 50% Of pets entering shelters in the USA are euthanized.
Welcome to our new website! This site is still under construction and we will be adding functionality in the future. In the meantime, I want to share with you our 2016 accomplishments and our vision for the Pets4Life mobile vet clinic.
First, a little recap of the year: In 2016 we found ourselves in a pickle: We had an amazing $400,000 state-of-the-art mobile vet unit, but no resources or support structure to get it working for the good of the community. With that in mind, in 2016 we re-established a new board, changed our name, created a logo for the mobile vet, met with several Louisville animal advocacy groups, and executed a series of pilot events. By year-end we will have participated in five community events and helped approximately 110 at-risk animals (dogs, cats & rabbits) in the community.
Our goal for 2017 is to partner with other advocacy groups, individual philanthropists/volunteers, and corporate stewards to bring the Pets4Life mobile vet to under-served communities of Louisville (areas without veterinary services or transportation).
- Animal Suffering Campaign: The goal of this campaign is to ensure that pets in under-served areas of Louisville are getting basic vet care and vaccines to prevent disease and suffering.
- Spay/Neuter Campaign: The goal of this campaign is to decrease unwanted births, reduce homeless pets and increase live-release rates in Louisville shelters.
- Pet Retention Campaign: The goal of this campaign is to help people keep their pets for life, instead of surrendering them to a shelter. The focus is education, microchips/ID tags & other resources designed to help prevent & reunite lost pets.
We Need Your Help:
Make a donation (kennel naming opportunities may still be available)
Volunteer (we need committee members & event volunteers)
Host a fundraiser (Have an idea for a fundraiser – please let us know!)
Partner with us (for animal & community renewal organizations)
Corporate Sponsorship (sponsor a ‘Wellness Clinic’ or ‘Spay/Neuter Day’)
Email email@example.com for details on how to get involved.