IMPORTANT: We are not equipped to provide emergency vet care or provide complex services such as diagnostic testing, surgeries, and treatment for chronic conditions. In addition, we do not provide funding for these services. Please visit our Help (Resources) Page for other resources that may be able to help. We are not a substitute for all veterinary care and we recommend that every pet has a relationship with a vet clinic for services that are beyond our scope. If you are looking for a vet clinic, please check out our list of vets that partner with Pets4Life Louisville.
Before signing up for Pets4Life Services, please review our policies:
PETS4LIFE LOUISVILLE POLICIES
Pets4Life Louisville works to increase pet retention and reduce owner surrenders by helping people to keep their Pets for Life. Therefore, Pets4Life cannot provide services to families that are breeding, buying/selling or repeatedly rehoming pets. In addition, Pets4Life Louisville will not buy/sell pets for any reason.
Because there is such high demand for our services, we must limit the number of pets receiving Pets4Life services to 6 pets per family per year.
Pets4Life Louisville maintains the right to refuse services for any reason including:
- Any family that refuses to spay/neuter a healthy pet over 4 months old (exceptions for ‘seniors’ or pets with medical conditions that prevent surgery)
- Any family that rehomes 2 (or more) pets without good cause
- Vet or staff believes a pet is too aggressive, anxious, or excited to be treated safely.
Finally, if we suspect mistreatment, dog fighting, or if we believe that a family cannot provide a safe environment for their pets, it will be reported to animal service authorities.
2023 Clinic Signups & Appointments
Pets4Life Louisville offers multiple types of clinics with different policies and requirements. All programs are focused on helping people with pets that do not have access to regular vet care due to costs or transportation issues.
A. Vaccine Clinics
ENTRANCE FEE: $15 per pet
SERVICES: Vaccines (Rabies and DAPP for dogs), (Rabies and FVRCP for cats), Dewormer, & Microchip. (Note: Vaccine clinics do not include a vet exam, nail trim or flea medicines)
- May 20, 2023 from 3-5 pm: Sun Valley Community Center – Community Pet Day
- June 3, 2023 from 3-5 pm: Southwick Community Center – Community Pet Day
- June 10, 2023 from 3-5 pm: Beechmont Community Center – Community Pet Day
- Pets must be healthy enough to receive vaccines
- Open to all, but geared to zip codes: 40203, 40208, 40209, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40215, 40217, 40214, 40216, 40219, 40258, 40272, 40202, 40213, or 40218.
B. Microchip Events
ENTRANCE FEE: Varies based on zip code
SERVICES: Microchip insertion & registration
DATES: TBD (3 Microchip events planned)
- Pets must be healthy enough to receive a microchip
- Open to everyone
C. Wellness Clinics
ENTRANCE FEE: $25 per dog, $20 per cat (sponsorships may be available)
SERVICES: Includes a Vet Exam, Vaccines (Rabies and DAPP for dogs), (Rabies and FVRCP for cats), Dewormer, & Microchip. May include nail trims, flea medicines and other medications (based on vet recommendations, staff & supply)
- March 2023 Wellness Clinic: @ The Table (Portland), Date TBD
- August 2023 Wellness Clinic: @ The Table (Portland), Date TBD
- October 2023 Wellness Clinic: @ The Table (Portland), Date TBD
- November 2023 Wellness Clinic: @ The Table (Portland), Date TBD
- For our primary zip codes 40203, 40208, 40209, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40215 or 40217
- All healthy adult pets must be S/N before attending a Pets4Life Wellness Clinic.
- For puppies/kittens – owner must agree to S/N all adult dogs in household (proof required)
- Note: If you do not meet these requirements you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with a written explanation to request an exemption